January 2, 2016
Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – is committed to responding to unauthorized used of copyrighted text, links or any digital material such as photos, pictures, audios or videos. This policy explains how Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – will respond to allegedly infringing materials under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Section 512 of the DMCA lays out the legal requirements to formally report copyright infringement to a digital content provider like Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE. It also explains how the person who posted the content at issue can oppose a notice of alleged infringement by submitting a counter-notice.
The DMCA imposes legal and financial penalties for making fraudulent or bad-faith claims. Make sure you’re the actual copyright holder or that you’ve been authorized to act on a rights holder’s behalf before submitting a takedown notice.
How To Submit a Copyright Notice
To send Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – a notice concerning copyright infringement, you’ll need to provide Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – with the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a copy of or link to your original work or clear description of the materials allegedly being infringed);
3. Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – to locate the material on our services (e.g., a link to the infringing post);
4. Your contact information, including your address, telephone number and an email address;
5. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You can report alleged copyright infringement by emailing the above information to [email protected]
You can also mail a copyright notice to:
Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE (copyright)
500 E. 4th Street, Suite 243 Austin, TX 78701
To submit a counter-notice, please respond to the original email from Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – letting you know about the removal, and include the above information in the body of your reply.
Note: If you re-post material removed in response to a DMCA notification, Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – may permanently suspend your account. If you believe content was removed in error, please consider filing a counter-notice instead of re-posting the material.
After You Submit a Counter-Notice
When Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – receives a valid counter-notice, Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – will promptly forward a copy to the person who sent the copyright notice. If Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – is not told within 10 business days that the original reporter is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the material, Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – may replace or cease disabling access to the material that was removed.
Repeat Infringer Policy
Wide Angle Media has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of account holders who are repeat infringers. In general, Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – considers a “repeat infringer” to be a user that has uploaded content to PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE and for whom Wide Angle Media – PATRONNÈ MAGAZINE – has received more than two takedown notices that are compliant with applicable law with respect to such content. Additionally, we reserve the right to terminate account holders who infringe on a single occasion if the circumstances warrant.